Tuesday, March 29, 2011
E-Learning Job: Online Learning Coordinator, Wisconsin eSchool Network
UW-Stout: Good Training Opens the Door to Your Future
I urge qualified graduates of our UW-Stout E-Learning and Online Teaching Certificate program to apply for this job! ~ Dennis O'Connor, Program Advisor .
Online Learning Coordinator, Wisconsin eSchool Network
This is a full-time, 12 month position with salary and benefits negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Online Learning Coordinator (OLC) reports to the Governance Board and/or Advisory Board or their designee.
The OLC will execute the Wisconsin eSchool Network vision and mission for online learning; he/she will have full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Network. He/she will be responsible for the timely support of the Network.
• Lead the development, distribution and promotion of operational policies and procedures
• Serve as the Network level contact for technology issues
• Become an expert in the Student Information Systems (SIS), Learning Management Systems (LMS) and online content to support districts in their use of the Network SIS, LMS and online content
• Communicate regularly with vendors to handle “trouble tickets” and request/coordinate customizations needed to better serve the Network
• Lead the development of training courses for District Liaisons, Registrars, Coaches and Teachers
• Coordinate the development of training opportunities for District Liaisons, Registrars, Coaches and Teachers
• Maintain the Wisconsin eSchool Network (WEN) website
• Maintain and expand the eHandbook, which includes operational policies and procedures
• Collaborate with the Director to plan the agenda and facilitate the Network Partner meetings
• Oversee and coordinate Network Professional Development offerings
• Lead instructional design tasks for WEN orientations, help teachers with curricula, and lead other projects as they arise
• Bachelors required, Masters preferred
• Eligibility for Wisconsin teacher certification preferred
• 5 years experience with teaching and online learning
• Demonstrated success as a teacher leader
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to facilitate high quality professional development
• Solid understanding of best/promising practices of online and blended/hybrid learning
• Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of current technologies
• Experience with instructional design
• Working knowledge of SIS, LMS and online content
Qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume` and copies of transcripts to email@example.com.
Deadline for Applicants:
- Qualified candidates need to submit their resume` and transcripts by April 30, 2011.
- Selected candidates will be asked to supply references prior to interview in early May 2011.
- Contract start date to be negotiated, potentially June 1, 2011