University of Wisconsin-Stout
School of Education
Online Professional Development
E-Learning and Online Teaching Graduate Certificate http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/elearningcertificate.html
- Are you looking for an accredited E-learning and Online Teaching Certificate program?
- Is your institution rapidly developing online courses and programs?
- Are you looking for a new career or a way to supplement your current salary?
- Our courses benefit educators interested in effectively teaching online or blended courses.
Courses are completely online; no travel to campus required.
8-Week Online Courses
Course Start and Ending Dates
Each course is 8 weeks.
EDUC 760 E-Learning for Educators 3 graduate credits
This is the introductory course in the E-Learning and Online Teaching Graduate Certificate, is an approved elective in the online Master of Science in Education degree program, and is open as an individual course to students seeking professional development.
EDUC 762 Assessment in E-Learning 3 graduate credits
(choose one section)
EDUC 763 Instructional Design for E-Learning 3 graduate credits
EDUC 761 Creating Collaborative Communities in E-Learning 3 graduate credits
NOTE: This is the fourth in the series of five required courses for individuals pursuing the Graduate Certificate in E-Learning and Online Teaching and is also available as a single course for experienced trainers and online educators seeking professional development.
EDUC 764 E-Learning Practicum 3 graduate credits
(Prerequisite: Successful completion with a 3.0 gpa in EDUC 760, 761, 762, 763 and Consent of Instructor)
Successful completion of the practicum earns the E-Learning Certificate. This course culminates your preparation as an e-learning professional. You will finalize your professional e-portfolio as a career building demonstration of your online teaching skills and abilities. During the practicum you will teach with a cooperating online instructor gaining valuable real world online teaching experience. (A customized internship is available for those already teaching online.)
Frequently Asked Questions about the Practicum
How long does it take to complete the online teaching graduate certificate?
Five semesters if you enroll in one course per term. If you enroll in two courses per term, you may complete the certificate in ten months.
Recommended Course Sequence
OPTION A: Complete the Certificate in 10 Months (enroll in two courses each term)
EDUC 760 June 13 – August 5, 2011
EDUC 762 June 5 - August 5, 2011 or June 13 - August 12, 2011
EDUC 763 September 19 – November 18, 2011
EDUC 761 September 26 – November 18, 2011
EDUC 764 Spring 2012
OPTION B: Complete the Certificate in 19 Months (enroll in one course each term)
EDUC 760 June 13 – August 5, 2011
EDUC 762 September 19 – November 11, 2011 or October 3 – December 2, 2011
EDUC 763 Spring 2012
EDUC 761 Summer 2012
EDUC 764 Fall 2012
For more information, visit http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/elearningcertificate.html
You may enroll in any course for professional development or complete all four courses and the practicum to receive the Certificate in E-Learning and Online Teaching.
Courses can be used to fulfill requirements in the Master of Science in Education, Master of Science in Career and Technical Education and Ed.S. in Career and Technical Education degree programs.
- Expert facilitation by veteran online educators
- Small highly interactive classes
- Professional quality projects for an e-portfolio to aid in job searches
- Career mentoring and job placement assistance
- Credits may also apply as electives in three different UW-Stout graduate degree programs
- Highly competitive tuition (tuition is the same for Wisconsin residents, out-of-state and international students)
- creating and using blogs, wikis, and other social tools
- integrating video and podcasts
- adopting best practices for engaging class discussions and assignments
- designing authentic assessment activities, quizzes and grading options
- building strong communication activities in your online class
- motivating online students who are falling behind
- managing your online teaching workload
Register online today to reserve a spot at: http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/register.shtml